My current research primarily deals with visuospatial attention, specifically
by considering the problem as one of dynamically routing visual information
through the ventral stream. The model performs this dynamic routing via the
dendritic interaction of a subcortical control signal and feedforward
projections, resulting in a subset of the visual information being projected
to early inferotemporal cortex, while maintaining local spatial relationships
in an object-centred reference frame.
- Bobier B. 2011 The Attentional Routing Circuit: A Neural Model of Attentional Modulation and Control of Functional Connectivity. Ph D Thesis, University of Waterloo. Available online at: http://hdl.handle.net/10012/6122
Articles in progress
- Bobier B., Stewart T.C. and Eliasmith C. 2011 The Attentional Routing Circuit: Exploring the role of dendritic nonlinearities in visual attention.
- Mallia A., Bobier B., Stewart T.C. and Eliasmith C. 2011 Network implementation of single cell neuron models with nonlinear dendrites.
Peer-reviewed journal articles
- B. Bobier and J. Sawada. 2009. A Fast Algorithm To Generate Open Meandric Systems and Meanders. ACM Transactions on Algorithms, 6 no. 12, 1-12.
- Bobier B., Stewart T.C. and Eliasmith, C. 2011 The Attentional Routing Circuit: Receptive Field Modulation Through Nonlinear Dendritic Interactions, Proceedings Cosyne 2011 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Bobier B., Stewart T.C. and Eliasmith, C. 2010 Dynamic Routing Model for Visuospatial Attention, Proceedings Cosyne 2010 (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- M. Wirth and B. Bobier. 2009. Registration of the Prokudin-Gorskii Colour Photographs Using a Multiresolution SSIM Algorithm. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition, pp. 917-926, 2009.
- B. Bobier and M. Wirth. 2008. Content-based image retrieval using hierarchical temporal memory. In Proceeding of the 16th ACM international Conference on Multimedia (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, October 26 - 31, 2008). MM '08. ACM, New York, NY, 925-928.
- M. Wirth and B. Bobier. Suppression of noise in historical photographs using a fuzzy truncated-median filter. International Conference on Image Analysis and Recognition, Springer, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (eds.), 2007.
Course Work Papers
- B. Bobier and M. Wirth. 2008. Evaluation of Binarization Algorithms. University of Guelph Internal Report.
- B. Bobier. 2007. Symbol Recognition in Elevation Drawings: A Survey. University of Guelph.
- B. Bobier. 2007. Using Hierarchical Temporal Memory for Content-Based Image Retrieval. University of Guelph.
- B. Bobier. 2007. Handwritten Digit Recognition using Hierarchical Temporal Memory. University of Guelph.